Monday, July 14, 2008

Flying through the air with the greatest of ease...


I finally did it. I finally accomplished one of my life dreams. Ever since I can remember I have been telling my parents that I wanted to become an Acrobat. Of course they laughed at me and thought I was joking like they do with every amazing idea I have. After going to the circus and realizing that none of the acrobats were taller than 4 feet and all of them were Asian, I was sure I would never reach my goal. Well now that I am 22 years old and more than ready for any type of adventure, I decided to enroll in the Trapeze School of New York in Santa Monica, California. I was a little scared that I was going to be the only person over 7 in the class but it turned out that it was me and 3 other girls about my same age all just looking for a fun adventure and it was exactly that. I have done some daring things before but this was totally different. Not only was I sacred of dying but if you mess up, EVERYONE on the Santa Monica Pier can see you look like an idiot. Luckily I didn't have any embarrassing failed attempts at the trapeze. It was so fun. I want to go back again and again. It was totally different than I thought it was going to be like but so worth all the apprehension.


The coaches and the other people in my group were all so nice. Here is a picture of us all after we were all done.
I learned two tricks. One was the knee hang and the other was the bar split or something like that. I have included some pictures and hopefully I can figure out how to add video to this.

7 comments:

  1. i am so glad your dream came true - it was awesome to be there with you

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was so cool!!! I wish I was there to fly in the air with you!!! You are amazing. My mom said that was her child hood dream to be a trapeeze artist and a tight rope walker. Thanks for living everyone's dream!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Elizabeth! I love, love, love your life. You do the funnest things.

    ReplyDelete
  4. so pretty much you are AWESOME! Glad you did it, even if every one thought the idea was nuts! You ROCK!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I want to come live in L.A. with you!!! I miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Elizabeth-we have a blog too! its www.mikentiffany.blogspot.com But you look like you are having a blast! I cant wait to see ya...hopefully soon!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are without a doubt the coolest person I know! I'm serious!

    ReplyDelete

THEME