Sunday, July 5, 2009

The Fourth of July

This 4th was incredibly lame... Emilie and I were alone for the weekend so we did the usual Cali-4th things... we went to the beach, had a picnic, walked through a swarm of bums, watched the fireworks and had a BBQ. Sounds great right? Wrong! It was ridiculous. The beach was COLD and parking was absolutely insane. The food we ate on the beach looked like the seagulls got to it first, and the bums, well lets just say bums are to Venice Beach like Mexicans are to Mexico... that is all there is there. One funny thing happened there though... we were walking down the walk way that runs along the beach and this guy who was clearly insane walked past us and wished us a happy 4th. He then proceded to slip in a huge pile of horse business. It was awesome.

After a few hours of complaining to each other, Emilie and I bounced. We decided to go to the grocery store, get food for a BBQ and then catch the La Cresenta fireworks. We watched the fireworks from an overpass in La Cresenta. They were pretty good. Then we went home and after 20 minutes of trying to get the coals to light, we roasted hot dogs, mallows and then went to bed.

I thought things were about as bad as they could get then I called my family. They were in Boise, Idaho with my 91 year-old grandpa partying it up. They bought roman candles, artillery shells and all sorts of crazy stuff. They sure had fun. I wished I was with them. Oh well... next year!

1 comment:

THEME