Monday, November 2, 2009

Angels, Zebras, Cookie Monsters! OH MY!





I am thoroughly convinced that holidays are infinitely more amazing with little kids around. When I was a kid, I loved holidays, lived for them even. While often times my reasons for liking certain holidays are totally unrelated to the real reasons for the holiday, I can't help but love everything about the special days we set aside each year to reflect on our love for our friends, family members, country, freedom, and more. While I have always been a proponent of holidays, Halloween is probably close to being number 2 on my list of faves. Over the past 8 years or so, I have been battling with an internal struggle that I think I have found the solution to. When you are sadly too old to go trick-or-treating, and too young to go out partying, what are you supposed to do? Sit home and knit? Well, luckily or me, the majority of my time spent in this limbo was when I was at BYU. People like to have parties, watch scary movies, eat candy corn, but nothing that I would consider to be as fun as trickery.

This Halloween was different though, I discovered the secret to enjoying the holidays when we are stuck in the rut of lameness. KIDS!

I know I promised that this wouldn't be a mommy blog, but I can't help it. Avery and Caleb came to Reno on Thursday and I was so excited when I realized that we would have them here for HALLOWEEN! I took some pictures and videos and I want to share them! Hope you enjoy them!






4 comments:

  1. I love Halloween too! I think it is my fave holiday second to Christmas! I have especially enjoyed it these past 4 years, since becoming a Mommy! It's so fun to see their faces, and Matt and I love to dress up too. This year we were Kayne West and Taylor Swift! I think we had as much fun as Mattie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is seriously so cute. Avery looks like you, I think. She's got those big eyes! She's so cute. I love you, Lizabeth. I'm sorry for your loss. Your Dad is a great man.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it!!!! It is the best having nieces and nephews around. They definitely brighten a cloudy stormy day!! Love you so much and I can't wait for you to come to VAYGAY!!Love ya girl!

    ReplyDelete
  4. ah! Avery (and the other kids) are so so cute they are positively edible! we miss them so much :( wa! :)

    ReplyDelete

THEME