Monday, February 20, 2012

Quarter-life crisis

I might really be having a quarter-life crisis. I didn't think that was possible, but let me tell you, it totally is.

I'm 25,  single, and living in Utah.  In the mormon world, I'm old. My eggs are probably no good and surely no suitable man will want to marry me. I might as well hand back my Young-Womanhood Recognition Award medallion to my bishop with my head bowed in shame.  Please forgive me. It's obvious I forged all the signatures in the booklet. I've learned nothing about what it means to be a woman.

Let me explain my crisis to you. I have been in Salt Lake for 2 years. I have loved it here. I really have. I finished school, I got a pretty good job, and I have made quite a few friends. What's to complain about right? Everything is great! Well, yeah, things are good, but anyone who knows me knows I get an itch for adventure every now and then and I just have to go do something different.

The 'wanting to go have adventures' or 'need to see new places' isn't at all what is the problem. The problem is I want to be able to decide what I want to do and then just GO. However, there is a little thing called money that makes having said adventures possible and I don't gots da money.

I have been doing really well at saving my money though. I am going to make something crazy happen. I just gotta go do something.

Here are my options:

Move to Denver, Austin, DC, Michigan, Reno or stay in Utah
Teach English again in China, or maybe try a new country.
Travel the world on my credit card.
Find a non-profit and go somewhere for just a small while, then do...what?

Here are the things I know for sure I want to do:

Have a crazy awesome adventure
See things I have never seen before
Eat things I have never eaten before
Learn a little bit more about myself and about this amazing world we live in.

Ok, now it's your turn. Suggestions of what to do with my life... please.

2 comments:

THEME