Monday, January 2, 2017

Looking Back on 2016

2016 was a wild ride. I knew it would be, but I didn't quite know what I was getting into when I rang in the new year last NYE.  While many people lost loved ones this year and suffered unimaginable heartache, I must say my year was one of significant CHANGE. I love change, so in my opinion, it has been awesome.

January:
Nothing too exciting happened other than bunch of work work work....

February:
My bestie Amanda came to visit me in Denver and we spent Valentine's day together and her boyfriend didn't even mind!
I went to PDX for a business plan competition with Adidas which was a super awesome experience.

March:
I got a new nephew! Jack Oliver Jenkins was born on March 11, and he's the cutest. I love him so much.
Work was super busy... werk werk werk

April:
Found out my job with Adidas was ending and began trying to find out what to do with my life.
Took a trip to Utah to see friends
Went to Boston to work the Boston Marathon - so cool!
Went to sales meeting in Arizona with the adidas crew, super fun!

May:
When to Chicago for a work event. I love Chicago.
Went to Utah for my cousin Maria's wedding.
Moved home to Reno to finish up the last few months of work with adidas, and started making plans to go to nursing school!

June:
Not a lot happened this month, other than just a lot of conference calls, a lot of job hunting,
the WORST job interview of my LIFE (no, really, it's horrible), and a lot of sitting around the house bored.
I did get to go to San Fransisco and Pacifica to see family, pick up my sister and meet my new nephew for the first time, and bought a kombucha scoby from a stranger on the internet, then quickly lost any appetite for Kombucha...

July:
Officially ended my employment with adidas.
Went to Utah for 2.5 weeks to get my CNA certification and was able to crash with Amanda and Emily. It was such a great time, although the course was a bit rocky at first.
Attended my good friend Dani and Dave's wedding in Utah in the Bountiful Temple and it was one of the most incredible experiences. It was magical.
Got to spend some time with Jessee before she moved to Japan :( I don't want to talk about it.

August:
Took and passed my exams for my CNA certification!
Attended my dear Great Aunt Cy's funeral in Fallon, Nevada.
Started school at Truckee Meadows Community College for pre-nursing prereqs. Going back to school was insanely fun. I loved all my classes so much!

September:
SCHOOL SCHOOL TUTORING SCHOOL TUTORING SCHOOL
Lots of job hunting

October:
SCHOOL SCHOOL SCHOOL SCHOOL SCHOOL TUTORING TUTORING AND MORE TUTORING
Bishop's Pumpkin Patch with Jenny and her girls, my adopted nieces.
Voted for Hillary Clinton and was sad when she lost, but hopeful we will not all be speaking Russian soon.
Lots of mid-terms for school, aced them all!

November:
Took a tip to Ohio to see Allie, Brady and Jack, Jesse, Sarah, and their kids too.
Went to BYU Cincinnati football game with the whole family, so fun!
Organized a service auction for my singles ward and we raised over $3000 for families in need!
Allie, Brady and Jack came to Reno for Thanksgiving and I got to watch Jack for a day and a night while they took an overnight date to Tahoe. I love that baby!
Lots of SCHOOL SCHOOL SCHOOL
Lots of job hunting STILL.

December:
SCHOOL SCHOOL SCHOOL
Finals are not fun.
Got a 4.0 this semester, but the grade I'm most proud of is my A in chemistry! I LOVE CHEMISTRY!!
Jesse, Sarah and the kids came to Reno for Christmas and we had a blast!
Brad, Kendal, Izzy and Sebastian came to go sledding and to Circus Circus.
New Years Even was spent at dinner with my friend Noelle, and then I went to bed at 10:30. Bliss.

2017 will be just as awesome. I will be applying to nursing programs, hopefully getting IN to a nursing program, and kicking butt at it, and studying a lot and trying not to get too fat on Taco Bell.






No comments:

Post a Comment

THEME