Sunday, September 28, 2008

Good, Better, Best




This week was fantastic and horrid all at the same time. I think I went through a whole box of s'more pop-tarts this week due to stresses and triumphs.  S'more pop-tarts really are the best way to celebrate a success or comfort a weary heart.

My week started out with a disappointing grade on an assignment. Then I forgot about a paper that was due in one of my classes. I was able to cope, but I hate when I don't perform to my best ability or lazily forget about something important. I am usually really good about it, but for some reason this last week was just not going like it was supposed to. 

In the midst of all this craziness, I had the greatest epiphany ever. I was just finishing up my nightly routine when I realized something that has helped me to rethink my life. First, you need a little background...but not too much. I have been praying for the same thing for a long time now. I was beginning to feel like my prayers were going unanswered because of something that I had done, was not doing, or any other slew of reasons.  I was beginning to think that maybe I was going about it the wrong way when it hit me. 

The Lord doesn't withhold blessings from his children if they are worthy of receiving them. I think that the principle of good, better, best, applies to blessings as well. When there is something that we are praying for, the Lord might have even more in store for us than we can even imagine. We just might not be in a position to receive the blessings for one reason or another. Maybe we wouldn't recognize it if we were given it. I don't think that the Lord will bless us with just "good" blessings if he knows that we are on our way to receiving the "best" blessing. It is our responsibility to be living in a way that we can be worthy of receiving the best blessings that our loving Heavenly Father wants to bestow upon his obedient children.

So, that was my epiphany.  


3 comments:

  1. thanks for this post, it has been very helpful, hope this week is better

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so glad you wrote this for everyone to see. I have been given so many blessing from God.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You never cease to amaze me. By the way, that talk - Good better best by Elder Oaks is one of my favorite talks ever.

    ReplyDelete

THEME