Sunday, June 20, 2010

Father's day

This was the first Father's Day without a phone call to a dad who only wanted "world peace" for father's day but got socks and Eddie Bauer tie-pants instead. I sure miss my daddy! This post is dedicated to him and his famous "Vonn-isms."

"Knock 'em dead!"

"Where is my brush!? I hate when you guys use my brush because the long hairs drag on my face when I comb my hair."

"Get over it..."

"Jesse! Get off me!"

"I weep for the future of the world!"

"Will you go get me a quarter pounder with cheese? Please? Come on!"

"Knock it off!"

"Where is the remote?" "I will give 5 bucks to whoever finds the remote."

"What language would you like me to say family prayer in?"
"Yo-me yo-me yo-me.... yo-me yo-me yo-me" (no matter what language we requested..)

"Staaaaaay green.... come on baby stay greeen."
"Gaul! Dangit!" (at every yellow light)

"Hey kids, watch this!" (just before totaling our Toyota)

"Quit dingkin' around!"

"Do we have anymore banana milk?"

"Will you bring me a toothpick?" "No, the square ones..."

"This is Vonn J. Jenkins from the Church of the LDS...."

"I want to try this new recipe that I saw on Good Eats."

"What's for dinner?"

"Screw your stew!"

"You are my favorite."

"Open...the...garage...door."

"This is baaaaaaad."

"Alright! Alright! Alright!"

"Raise your right hand. Repeat after me..."

"Don't drive angry!"

"UNBELIEVABLE!"

"Who wants to go to Costco with me?"

"SPOT CHECK!"

"Did you know See's candy delivers? Right to your front door!"

"Wait, so you wrecked the car, but you weren't in it?"

"I am a lucky man."

You were a lucky man, Dad! We were lucky to have you in our lives! We love you and miss you everyday! Happy Father's day and I hope you aren't too upset you didn't get your usual socks and tie-pants....its a recession....and plus, you probably wouldn't wear them anyway... you always preferred the ones with the most holes.


Here are some more I forgot, Thanks Jesse!

"Mmmm, that's good" after every free sample at Costco.

"Can someone bring me some toilet paper?" and closely related, "don't come in here, you'll get brain damage."

"I want KFC"

"Do you have tri-tip tacos today?"

"Jess, I hate your dogs."

"Jack, why are we even friends?"

"I didn't vote for Harry Reid! I don't know what the hell you are talking about."

"Time to thin the herd."

"Pull my finger."

"Allie, quit using my sink, get your crap out of here!"

"How hard is it to go to the store, get what you need, and come home?"

"Where the hell are you?"

There were more but most of them were inappropriate. hahahhahah

5 comments:

  1. You forgot a few...

    "Mmmm, that's good" after every free sample at Costco.

    "Can someone bring me some toilet paper?" and closely related, "don't come in here, you'll get brain damage."

    "I want KFC"

    "Do you have tri-tip tacos today?"

    "Jess, I hate your dogs."

    "Jack, why are we even friends?"

    "I didn't vote for Harry Reid! I don't know what the hell you are talking about."

    "Time to thin the herd."

    "Pull my finger."

    "Allie, quit using my sink, get your crap out of here!"

    "How hard is it to go to the store, get what you need, and come home?"

    "Where the hell are you?"

    There were more but most of them were inappropriate. Love you too Elizabeth. This is Jesse by the way, I would be a little worried if Sarah knew about the brain damage comment.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought of you yesterday and said a special little prayer- what a neat post idea- a great way to remember.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha, thanks Jesse, I added yours too! So funny. I had forgotten about his LOVE of Costco samples!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This made me cry a little bit. I thought about you on Fathers Day too...I wish we could have hung out. I love you Betty!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Betty I laughed at almost all of these. You totally got his personality youre so lucky. Ps I totally miss you. I'm excited to see you when I come back in September!

    ReplyDelete

THEME