Tuesday, January 12, 2010

The Girl With White Skates.



Reno. Ice Skating Rink. University wards. Awesomeness.

So tonight, we went to the Rink on the River. There were a lot of people there and it was a ton of fun. Despite my best efforts, I fell three times, but I did it with grace...you can put money on that.

I always find it interesting the quick change in the dynamics on the ice when someone with white skates shows up. For obvious reasons we will call this diva "White Skates". Obviously White Skates didn't rent them, which must mean she does this often enough to need her own skates, which then must mean that we are all a bunch of posers with no skills.

While others are shamefully exiting the ice in defeat, or pretending that White Skates isn't totally schooling everyone and skate on, I sit and stare like I have some lesbian crush.

Tonight, I asked this white-skate wearing diva if she would teach me a trick or two. She offered me some excellent advice.

White Skates can stay.





3 comments:

  1. You are TOO cute! White skates was awesome, but you are more awesome! :)

    Remember to hold that ball! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. you are brave! only sadness has resulted from my ice skating trick attempts :)

    ReplyDelete

THEME