Sunday, January 10, 2010

Incase you were wondering...

I think I may have discovered the purpose of blogging. An outsider/non-blogger might look at us bloggers and think we are all a bunch of narcissistic freaks. Well, I am here to say that we are so much more than that.

In reality, all our lives are just average. Even that one friend who is totally out of this world nuts, is average, too. Personally, I blog because I am too lazy to write in my journal. I also like to be able to say whatever I want to say and whether it be off color or not, I like feed back. My journal doesn't give me any feedback. I like to know that I have set up a system of checks and balances among my peers. If I am about to do something terrible like cut my hair in to a mullet formation, my wonderful friends will stop me, and gently prod me in the right direction. (I've decided on Reese btw. Thank you.)

I love to blog because I love reading other people's blogs. Because every one's life is so average, I take pleasure in knowing that other people out there have the same angst toward even slightly brown bananas as I do. (Shameless plug for one of my favorite blogs: FOL)

I don't really know why I decided to write about this today, and perhaps I will have to write an additional post later, but I have enjoyed sharing my opinion of bloggers. We are fabulous.

2 comments:

  1. agreed! i love to blog and I love comments and I HATE brownish bananas :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY ME!!!! I haven't been keeping up well enough and just now got to reading your most recent blogs...LOVE THEM!
    and while I do appreciate the feedback immensely, let's be honest, I'm a narcissistic freak.

    ReplyDelete

THEME