Saturday, May 29, 2010

Novocaine on tap!

So, I don't know why I didn't start blogging about work before, because seriously, I work with the most amazing people on the planet. Huh-lar-ee-ous.

My job is pretty simple. I answer phones, schedule patients, file charts, pull charts, pour up models, confirm appointments, water plants, order lunch, pick up lunch, eat lunch, file more charts, confirm more appointments, answer the phone some more, punch some numbers in the calculator, and then the best part, I go home to hang out with my...cat?

Anyway, everyday there are numerous funny conversations... today it was about lying.

I am taking a class through independent study and although it is sucking my will to live, it is pretty interesting. I told Heather, the office manager, that my text book says that all lies are bad, and that even white lies are deceiving. She immediately said "Well, what about when someone has an ugly baby?"

Well, it is in situations like this when I personally would avoid Kant's theory...this dude thinks that all lies are equally abhorrent. He believes that we should tell the truth all the time...

What did you "white lie" about today? Hmmmm... I can't think of anything! (Oh, there is one!0

Got me wondering if this was a good movie....

I'm sure it was a big hit.


1 comment:

  1. I saw the movie. I thought it was going to be really funny. Unfortunately I was disappointed. It started out ok but then it turned into kind of an anti-religion movie. It wasn't very good.

    ReplyDelete

THEME